Wednesday, March 02, 2005

last day at work!! woohooo!!!!

Woooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited. I still have work to do today, but anyway at noon they're having a luncheon thing for me at a yummy Italian restaurant. I um think they're giving me a present and I hope I know what it is, but I'm not gonna jinx myself by typing it here. I hope it's what I think it is.

No one at work even knows I have a blog so it's OK that I write about this stuff here.....I feel a little bit weird about the lunch because at these things, my boss, who is a really nice and good guy, usually makes a speech about how great the person was, etc, etc. And although my boss is a good friend outside of work (I'm good friends with his son too, who is my age), our working relationship was sometimes strange. And strained. Our personalities are rather different and he was....eccentric. He would often forget that I'd told him something and therefore he'd feel like he was uninformed about something when really I'd told him already. He also has a hard time making divisions between our duties -- he would often want all of us to know about all aspects of Project X, so we would sometimes have to duplicate duties/knowledge, which seemed like a waste of time. For my part, I didn't really put my whole heart and soul into this job in certain ways. I feel bad about that. I could have worked harder at some points and so it will be embarrassing to me if he says how great I was when secretly I don't think he thinks I was THAT great and secretly we both know that I feel like certain things could have been run somewhat differently. In any case, on the whole, he's actually a great boss so I should stop blogging and finish the stuff I gotta finish. Don't worry, I'll update you on whether I got the thing that I think I might be getting.

PS Are blogs supposed to be funny and interesting? Or is it more like you're just supposed to spew out whatever random, boring thoughts you've had most recently? I think it's the latter. Phew.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erik said...

Maybe he will give you an airplane!!

March 2, 2005 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

How did you guess??@?@@?!!!?! Ha! Actually he gave me a really really cool digital camera. Woohooo!! I had gotten a hint about that and I'm so glad that's what it was. Now I feel bad for saying anything negative at all. I take it all back -- all in all, he was a great great boss. Truly.

March 2, 2005 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Congrats on your last day! A camera is a great going away gift, maybe you should have left sooner. ;)
I say put whatever you want here on your blog, cuz, um, it's like yours and stuff. But don't listen to Dr. Rocks, it's no toilet.
Lois Lane

March 2, 2005 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Hey Doc, wanna boil a bunny together??? MUUUAAAHHH!

March 3, 2005 at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Funny Stuff
  • Odd Todd
  • The Onion

  • Blogs I dig:
  • Moments of Adequacy
  • Not Totally Inept
  • Home Fires