Friday, January 07, 2005

You know,

just because I have nothing interesting to report doesn't mean I don't have things to report:

I finally got some pretty dark pink curtains for my red, pink, and orange room. And a curtain rod. Currently I have old purple curtains nailed to the wall. But now when I go to put up the curtains with my handy dandy portable drill (drills are amazing inventions. They screw screws into the wall, easy and quick-like. It's crazy. Why didn't someone tell me about these before??), I can't find this one piece that goes into my drill. It's that round piece that you put in the hole in the front before you put in the actual drill bit. Where would such a piece go to? If that piece were missing, could I get a replacement piece from the hardware store? Do I have to buy a whole new drill? These are the questions that have caused my curtains to stay in the package on the floor of my closet for two weeks.

Nemo has been eating the sheetrock off the unfinished walls of the garage. I hope it's good for him.

Don't get the Blockbuster version of Troy. They cut out certain parts, as it were. Helloooooo, when a certain asspect, I mean aspect, of a movie is alluded to in a review, you expect the film to, you know, reveal it. Whatever!


7 Comments:

Blogger Lois Lane said...

Would this be the chuck key you are talking about missing from your drill? If so your local hardware store ought to have them. Note the make and model of your drill before you go. Or phone first.
I think I read somewhere on this here blog that you have a Black and Decker. If so please visit
http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-bin/tpbrand.cgi/7/blackdecker
for all of your drill part needs. :)
Sounds like Nemo needs some chew toys.
Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane

January 7, 2005 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

Wow, Lois, you're good for lots of stuff! Thanks for the help. I'll keep you posted because I know you care!

January 7, 2005 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

I confess I haven't a clue what "...that round piece that you put in the hole in the front before you put in the actual drill bit" might be. I think Lois's guess is best -- the chuck key goes in a hole to tighten the chuck -- but
a) i've never seen a "round" chuck key, and
b) I wouldn't be surprised if your drill has a keyless chuck.

But I'm not sure what it would be otherwise. Could this be like the problem you had remembering the color of the drill case? Maybe instead of "round thing" you meant to say "small metal thing shaped like an L, or possibly a T"?

One other possibility: some people (professional carpenters, me, other cool people) have a quick-release thing that you can tighten into the chuck, and it allows you to switch bits quickly by just sliding a little spring-loaded collar back. This piece could possibly be described as "round", if your only other two choices were "square" and "star-shaped". :-)

Anyway, keep us posted on how it goes...

January 9, 2005 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

Oh, Dr. Rocks, you have made me so happy. I feel like the grandmother who for once, for once, experiences the ultimate joy of providing the baby photos IN RESPONSE TO A REQUEST instead of the standard but unpleasant abduction of strangers for the at-gunpoint photo session. Ha! A pictorial representation shall soon be yours. In other matters, ahem: but my ever-so-sensitive sarcas-o-meter is quivering slightly when I wave it over bryan's very helpful post. I'm not sure what to do. But it is so full of useful information that I think I shall take it at face value in its entirety.

January 10, 2005 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

What? No update? Was it the chuck key? Is bryan burnin' your biscuits for nothin'? Did you think he was trying to be a tool ? So many questions, so little time. :)
Lois Lane

January 10, 2005 at 6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 28, 2005 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

HA! I will have a full update for you in a matter of days. Stay tuned for the episode when I learn that there is a difference between a "phillips head bit" and a "drill bit."

January 28, 2005 at 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Funny Stuff
  • Odd Todd
  • The Onion

  • Blogs I dig:
  • Moments of Adequacy
  • Not Totally Inept
  • Home Fires