Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Tsunami

The death toll from the tsunamis is up to 80,000, I read this morning. And they worry that it may double from disease because of lack of access to clean water and stuff. I wonder what the last natural disaster was that caused this much devastation? I just read about two people from the US who were scuba diving during the tsunami and didn't even know anything was happening until they surfaced. There's a lesson there somewhere...
Speaking of tsunamis, I know a guy, 20, who has been saving up for a month-long trip in Thailand this January, just swimming, surfing, and hanging out. I remember thinking, "I guess he won't go now" -- actually, he left yesterday, and is going to spend the whole month volunteering, in construction and whatever else, helping to rebuild. Pretty cool...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lois Lane said...

That diver story was wild wasn't it?! What a terrible tragedy! I can't even fathom that many lives lost.
Lois Lane

December 29, 2004 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

I read that a cyclone killed 138,000 people in Bangladesh in 1991.

Regarding help, I'm pretty busy right now, what with the holiday season, winter yard maintenance, etc. I'll think about those folks, though, and send some good thought vibes their way. Sounds like they've had a little setback on their path to Independence & Total Financial Security. Gotta pick up, tho. Get back on that horse, cowboy! Show the Plan, make something happen. You're the one you want!

December 30, 2004 at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Funny Stuff
  • Odd Todd
  • The Onion

  • Blogs I dig:
  • Moments of Adequacy
  • Not Totally Inept
  • Home Fires